Monday, February 16

Okay, very sorry for not posting recently! Humblest apologies. :)

Been super busy with Navs retreat this weekend and I feel like I got hit by a truck now. The weekend was really great... highlights:
-Being on staff and getting to help with everything
-Great conversation with Mel (a girl who was converted while high on Magic Mushrooms... thought she was Jesus at first but that's been cleared up)
-The 4 seminars: fulfillment ("the idol of our culture"), purpose in life (as related to Lord of the Rings), foundations of biblical discipleship (focusing on honesty about yourself), and loving other people.
-The ceilidh (scottish dance) on V-day... SO fun although I've come away with several battle scars (ceilidhs can get kinda violent sometimes!): twisted ankle, a hole in the head (collided with Heather during "Strip the Willow"), bruise on my arm (swinging on Mark Stirling's arm is like hooking your elbow around a light post and yanking on it--OW), and every muscle on my body hurts. BUT--it was all worth it!
-Rocking Kirstie Aylett to sleep during one of the seminars. She 2 months old and literally half the size of a football!

Lowlights:
-On both Wednesday and Thursday I spent 10am-11pm straight working on putting together conference materials for the retreat. I hate Mac computers! No offense to Mac lovers--it's nothing personal.
-Friday night was intense trying to get everyone settled in dorms and having to switch people around, and the people that were supposed to be helping me were no where to be seen. arg...
-Feeling very drained and unmotivated by the talks, feeling "unspiritual." But I know God is still working. He'll never say "Screw you, you're just too lazy to be mine." He knows.

Mary (my flatmate, also known as Wee Broon) and I have started praying for our other flatmate Emma on Monday mornings, and some really cool stuff has started happenning. Talked with Emma last Tuesday and found out alot about what she thinks. She is an atheist and thinks all that exists is atoms bumping around, and when you die your soul goes on living in the memory of others. She asked if my family is religious... I told her even atheists are religious--everybody worships something--but yes, my family are believers.

Only 28 days until my brother Aaron comes to visit! Can hardly wait. I really want him to meet my friends, and I am excited for them to meet him too. It's like two different parts of my world colliding. :)

Better go now and get some work done for tonight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omega 3 Pills During Pregnancy http://www.salviasuperstore.com/ - buy zolpidem online Ambien is preferred by doctors and patients because it usually begins working within 15 minutes, and has a short half life of just two to three hours so the patient will be able to get out of bed easily after sleep induced by the medication. [url=http://www.salviasuperstore.com/]cheap ambien[/url]

8:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home