Wednesday, February 22

Dang.

Last week on Thursday my friend Rhona's dad passed away. He was a lovely, gentle man and I spent my first Scottish Christmas with him and his family in Ballachulish up north, which was very generous. And a lovely time it was. They found out he had cancer last year.
The funeral was amazing. Rhona spoke towards the beginning, about her dad. The main thrust of what she said was about his faith, that he was a man of faith and that he believed that Jesus was The way The truth and The life. I personally was reduced to tears by it, and a friend of ours, Chris, who is an undertaker by trade and has been to numerous memorial services (obviously) said that it was the most powerful presentation of the gospel that he had ever heard! Praise God for Rhona and all that He's done in her family.

On a completely different and slighly irreverent note, I just went to a play... it was called - get this- The Vagina Monologues. My friend Isla was in it so I wanted to go root for her. She did very well and was the best actress out of all of them, I thought.
The play itself was... the word self-indulgent comes to mind. But I can see why it was written. I guess in many cultures, including the west, women and womanly things have been taboo for so long, now that people have the freedom to use (or misuse) freedom of speech, it's somehow cathartic to get the issue 'out there' somehow just so that something is said rather than nothing.

Don't know if that makes any sense what I just said... anyway...

Current mood: sleepy
Current music: A Living Prayer - Alison Krauss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home