Monday, February 16

Here's a crazy story from Mom's treasure trove:
She's been trying to send me my new bank card as the old one has expired. But the first package she sent it in, along with a cd of John Piper sermons, has mysteriously disappeared in the black vortex that is the Royal Mail. (but that's a whole new story)... So she calls the bank to try and get another card sent directly to my address in Scotland.

Well.

The low IQ clerk ended up not only changing MY address, but the address of all the bank accounts in my whole family. AND that's not all... apparently he couldn't remember the country code for Scotland so he picked the nearest thing, figuring that should be close enough... so he ended up changing my address to a place called Seycelles!

My mom calls the bank back and says, "excuse me, but not only did you change the home address of 4 extra people, but you changed it to the wrong place! Do you know where Seycelles is?" "um, no," the guy said. "Well I'll tell you! It's an ISLAND off the east coast of AFRICA!!!!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home