Tuesday, February 17

A love sonnet for The Pants.
Dedicated to my roomie, Evelyn Reith.

O Pants, how long have I lov'd thee?
Please let me count the days.
It has been many more years than three,
Yes, even four I'd say.

It all began when Evelyn came
To Highlands residence hall:
The pants then grew to glorious fame,
Were worn by one and all.

The girls said "Evelyn when you die,
I want your lovely pants."
But Evelyn always giggled so sly,
And said, "Not even a chance."

The years went by...
The girls did sigh...

Then one day AnnaLauren
Returned from having tea,
To see a golden package in
Her room... "What could this be?"

She opened up the envelope
With weak and tremulous hands.
And it was nothing less than, nope,
Nothing less than THE PANTS!!

She cried aloud and shrieked with glee.
"Oh WOW, it's Evelyn's pants!!!
I can't believe she gave 'em to ME,"
AnnaLauren was in a trance.

The note within said,"Hey room mate,
I hope these get you feelin great."

THE END.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home