Tuesday, March 9

Last night was the Navigators main meeting to end off the spring term, so now we've got a month long break before the summer term starts.
I lead the meeting, which means I had to get up in front of 150 students and leaders of other ministries and actually TALK! It actually went pretty well, and I was only a speechless airhead for the first 10 seconds, which is good. :) Then I kicked myself in the behind [mentally] and said "pull it together sweetie" and everything was fine from there on out.
Thankfully I wasn't the one teaching; just transitioning from one section of the meeting to another and making announcements.
At one point Mark Stirling (the head of Edinburgh Navs) was introducing the new team for next year, and he had pictures on power point. Then a picture of a flower came up, and he said, "I don't have a picture of this person, but it's a rose... and it's yellow... can anyone guess who it is?" Nobody could, so this guy from Dallas said "it's the yellow rose of Texas!" (which signified me!) :)

This Thursday I'm going with the other interns to England for a conference and getting back on Sunday. Monday will be spent getting my flat in order because my brother Aaron is coming next Tuesday!! He will only be here until that Saturday :( but I can't wait to see him and introduce him to the Navs.
Gotta go now... it's noon and for some reason I'm still in my PJs... oops!

Mood: Happy!
Music: Girl from Ipanema - Stan Getz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home