Thursday, March 4

Yes, I am still alive and on the face of the earth...
Well I just set my plane ticket to come home! I will be returning on July 17th. Yay! Only 4 1/2 months! That's not so terribly long now... sort of.
I also have put a plane ticket on hold to go to PRAGUE on the 29th of this month to see Meg Boutwell and Lyd Hitchman. I can't wait to go--not only is Prague reputedly the loveliest city in Europe, but it will be incredible to see some long-lost Lofters. (Loft is better than a sorority... you girls know what I mean!) :)

More about the weekend:
I rode up to Arisaig (about a 5 hour drive--it's on the coast North of Fort William) with Peter and Mirren, a dating couple in their late 30's (rough guess). They were really nice, but they were so mushy... get a room people!
We got to the cottage after driving through some of the most gorgeous Scottish countryside: the highlands! They were all covered in snow from the night before.
After everyone got settled, we sat down for a celtic music jam session. I brought my guitar, and there was another guitar, flute, fiddle, and bodhran (Celtic drum, pronounced bow-rawn or boran ). That was really fun, and the song I have stuck in my head right now was one that we played that night.
Alas and forsooth, the major Scottish recreational past time is drinking and pretty soon they were all smashed. This, I said to myself, is my queue to leave.
Another bizarre detail: the couple in the room next to mine were French lesbians!
The next morning we had a gigantic breakfast and then spent all day on the beach, climbing around on the rocks in the SNOW, enjoying the sun and one girl, Sari, even got in the water even though everyone else had at least ten layers of clothes on!
After the BBQ on the beach (we made a huge bonfire), we all returned to the cottage and collapsed. Thankfully they were all too tired to get as incredibly drunk as the night before (although I heard the next day that one guy drank so much he couldn't remember which person his girlfriend was or where he why he was there! You'd think after about 7 or 8 years of getting shattered every weekend, people would learn that it's not worth it!)
Anyway, we played some more music, and the next day after hanging out more on the beach and gathering shells, we came back to Edinburgh. On the way back I rode with this really sweet older couple who reminded me of Mimi and B-Daddy.

Not much going on this weekend... dinner with some girls from my group tomorrow night, and on Saturday Louise and Rhona are taking me to get my nose pierced (I have to have just as much moral support for #2 as for #1!). Then we're going out to lunch to console my poor nose. :) I'll bury it in an ice cream cone or something. I bet it would like that.

Current mood: sleepy and full of Dr. Pepper
Current music: If I Was a Blackbird

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home