Sunday, March 7

So tonight I was walking to church and as I turned off Forest Road on to George VI bridge, I saw a man stumbling along against the wall. He had blood on his face and I wanted to stop and ask him if he was okay, but I was afraid that he was drunk and might flip out and grab me or something.
I walked a few more steps and realized my friend Paul was walking just behind me. I said hi and realized he'd noticed the weird guy too. We decided to go back together and see if he was okay, but as soon as we approached him, he leaned against the wall and slid down in to a heap and began whimpering. This other girl walked up and offered to call an ambulance, and while she did, he started choking.
Paul was checking there was nothing in the guy's mouth and getting ready to do CPR on him because he had passed out, and I didn't know what to do, so I just started praying. There was a crowd of people by then, mosly St. Columba's people on the way to church (that's my church).
After several points where he seemed to stop breathing, the ambulance arrived and the paramedics helped him inside.
The guy started crying and shaking and wanted Paul to ride with him, but the paramedic said there was no need, and that Paul should go have fun with his wife (me)!!
Needless to say it was a tad hard to focus on the sermon!
Music: Thank You - Bonnie Raitt
Mood: Wired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home