Tuesday, March 23

Picking petals off daisy heads

It is amazing, isn't it, how we can lie to ourselves. I don't think I can kid anyone else in to thinking something half as well as I think I can kid myself in to thinking that I think something that I don't really think. (If you can unravel that statement, you get a trophy.)
Thank goodness for friends who can point out the slightly important fact that you've driven off the rails a bit.

Fear is a wolf that often likes to hide itself under the sheep's coat of good taste or prudence. I think I need to surrender my ideas of what's good for me to God. Otherwise, I am going to continue living under the thin guise of being in control which will ultimately not only dishonor God, but make me unhappy too.

Okay, Lord, what ever you say. I'm ready and waiting, so let it hit me!
(Did you hear that Carrie? Pray hard!!) :)

Mood: contemplative (and I also have this urge to raise my right eyebrow at every opportunity)
Music: Party's Just Begun - Nelly Furtado

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home