Monday, April 5

I went to Prague last week to see Lyd Hitchman and Meg Boutwell and Meg's BFA co-worker, Heather Marsh. What a blast. It was sunny and perfect the whole time, and it was the most gorgeous city I have ever seen! Plus it was blessedly cheap: free accommodation and food. The TRAIN I missed and had to buy a whole new TICKET for was not so cheap, but I digress...
The photo I just posted was taken on our first morning there, which was last Tuesday. Lyd and I made breakfast burritos from scratch, even down to home made tortillas. It was quite yummy until we got to the "dessert" (if dessert for breakfast is allowed). Let's just say that I (yes, I admit, it was my fault) got the sugar bowl and the SALT bowl mixed up. Hilarity (and heartburn) ensues.

Here are some noteworthy quotes from the trip:
-"Green AND red? Stoplights in Germany are schizophrenic!" (AL)
-"The next road looks like... 'Hillbilly?'" (Meg)
-"Hey guys, there's a pidgeon with a helmet on!" (Heather)
-"The next road is... 'Portabelohorska?'" "What? Pot-bellied horse?" (Lyd and AL)
-"Freddy Fresh, Hanky Panky, Tricky Ricky, Polly Dolly." (The Toilet Paper) (Yep, some public restrooms have advertisments on the TP!)
-"Okay, I definitely just saw a chicken leg laying in the road." (AL)
-"Our waiter charged us for tap water?! No wonder he was so slap-happy about filling up my glass." "Yeah, he was like, 'Drink up, sweet cheeks.'" (AL and Lyd)
-"It was like a sauna for your butt..." (Heather)
-"Getting hit on by Czech construction workers is the perfect way to end our trip!" (Meg)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home