Friday, March 10

Myriad Thoughts.

Today I was walking to the usual Friday morning team meeting and saw a V of geese flying north! The crocuses have been up for a while and it's not long now til the daffodils light up the nasty, soggy Edinburgh landscape. I've even convinced myself to think that the cherry trees in the meadows are on the verge of blooming. But anyway it's pretty much inevitable now. Summer's on it's way.

I'm being a little ambitious in saying that because we actually have to go through spring first before summer will ever think about getting out of bed. I can't say I'm all that big a fan of spring, because by the time the omnipresent Scottish winter is over, who the heck cares about spring, bring on the hot sun and afternoons reading in the meadows! Maybe I'm being disrespectful.

It's been an extremely hard week - in terms of work, relationships, emotions... I'm glad to be getting to the end of it. Tomorrow I have nothing planned except maybe some running and hanging out with Tim, and in the evening, Neil and Emmie have invited us over for a curry! Neil said, "hey do you guys want to stay over at our house that night, and then we can just stay up chatting til all hours?!" I said "you mean, a sleep-over?" and he said "yes!! wouldn't it be brilliant?" Just as I was offering to bring some glow-sticks and cookies he remembered they have a guest in town so their spare room is full.
THAT would have been hilarious.

I'm now also reading the Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis... at the end of nearly every paragraph I think to myself (or say out loud) "NO!!" because I realize that I've fallen in to the very trap that Screwtape is telling his nephew Wormwood to employ to deter his young Christian 'patient'. Very interesting.

Tonight I'm going to Alison's (navs girl) along with Sarah Ross, Lindsay and Isla to have dinner and watch one of the Glad You Asked sessions ("why does God allow suffering"... very pertinent at the moment). I'm excited that, though they missed the week when we discussed this already, they're keen to take an evening out of their weekend to go over it. Sometimes I think "what if I'm just pushing this on them and they only come to Navs out of guilt?" but I don't think that's true in reality...
Got a letter from Sarah Rowe! She's up in Orkney now, and will marry Matthew in less than a month (6 May). I love writing letters. I think it's "fabby-do" (as Jude says). There's something about pouring your heart out on to a page, the pen and stationery you choose, handwriting, that communicates a bit more than e-mail. Or blogs.

I'm praying (sporadically) that God will give us a piano. Recently I've really really missed having one - both as a way to relax, express myself and worship. But I don't think it'll happen unless God works a miracle. The reason I keep praying sporadically is because sometimes I wonder "Am I allowed to pray this? I mean, I don't NEED it to survive..." Any thoughts? Can you pray with me? And I'll let you know what happens. :-)

Current Music: And - Waterdeep
Current Mood: Slightly industrious

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home