Tuesday, September 12













Now, before you jump to conclusions...


Isn't this a great pic of my family? No, my brother Aaron hasn't regressed to the age of 6 months, and no, my mother hasn't had a 'surprise baby', thank goodness! It's a friend's kid. But aren't they lovely? I hope I'm as pretty as my mom when I'm at her point in life. :-)

Not much going on at the moment... just because I got a job doesn't really mean anything because I'm still waiting for my... drumroll, please... VISA!!!! What a surprise. Everyone keeps saying to me 'but shouldn't you be able to just work straightforwardly once you marry a British National?' and my reply is generally along the lines of, 'well, that's what you'd think, isnt' it?' So anyway it could be any time from October to Christmas before I can work. So, I'm thinking about what to do with all my time! At the end of the month I will be starting the Citizens' Advice Bureau training course which will take place on 1 1/2 days of the week. So... Navs will have an extra team member again for a while! :-) Tryin to mentally re-shift gears again.

Just found out that 2 of my friends, Sara Phillips (from TX) and Teresa Edwards (from Hamilton, near Glasgow) are in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and know eachother! I LOVE random connections like that! :-) She also met my friend Adam (Glasgow again) who was there this summer to see Teresa.

Tim's on night shifts this week, which makes for interesting schedules. During the day it's strange for me, because he's home, but we can't talk or do anything together because he's sleeping! He was actually able to stay awake last night, and sleep all day today, so that's a blessing. 1 down, 6 to go. Zzzzz.....

Current Mood: Sleepy
Current Music: Night Like a River - Hem (Just got their CD 'Rabbit Songs' today!!)


3 Comments:

Blogger mama's brown girl said...

does this comment thing work?

11:26 am  
Blogger mama's brown girl said...

well that one worked!! yay!

12:20 pm  
Blogger Aaron said...

booo! update update update!
and you still haven't sent me that recipe for the pizza crust either :) although i suppose you're staying busy with navs and the like. sent a letter to you yesterday. should be there in about a week~~

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home