Monday, July 31

Well I figured I oughtta post!!

Exhausted! Went to Jude and Angus' wedding on Friday at Morningside Baptist, and then partied until about midnight. I love ceilidhs but they are so exhausting, especially if you have a double-whammy like we did...

The following day we got up at 6:30 am and drove to Aberdeenshire where I sang in (and Tim operated the sound equipment for) Jennie and Dave's wedding (at a CASTLE no less!) and partied again til 1am. The bride and groom's first dance was INCREDIBLE! They swing-danced to 'Face the music and dance'. We got to see Mark and Jenny Stirling again, which was lovely, and their 13 year old daughter Catriona was one of the bride's maids (she said when she came down the aisle, that was only the 2nd time she'd seen Mark cry!) Awww...

Now we're returning to normal life as I nurse my ceilidh bruises and midgie bites. Currently reading Siberian Light by Robin White... it's set in Siberia (duh) and centres round the murder of a rich man and 2 militia men, lots of coverups, KGB, etc. It's pretty slow and dull right now, but I'm going to hang on til the end!

We are having burritos tonight!!! Yum. Can't wait.

Current Mood: Chipper... and hungry...
Current Music: Begin the Beguine - Duke Ellington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home