Thursday, April 27

BATTLE OF THE BEES!

Doing much better, electricity is sorted, I think. :-)

I had my first SALSA dancing class at Dancebase on Tuesday night! It was so fun, we had an absolute blast hamming things up (I went with Ellie, Tim's little sister). A funny thing happened, though... we did the basic steps SO many times over and over again - for the slow people - that by the end of the class, I wasn't sure if I was doing it right anymore! Kind of like when you repeat a word 40 times and it begins to lose its meaning... weird.

Yesterday I was minding my own business, studying in the kitchen, windows open. Suddenly I hear a menacing bzzzzz....zzzzzz.zzzZZZZZZ... a bee came in the window, searching for something to munch. I tried to let him bee (!) for a while, but he kept whizzing by a little too close. So when he got back near the window, I STUPIDLY thought I could shoo him out with a tea towel. What an idiot (me, not the bee). Of course it just made him SUPER mad and he started charging me, at which point I shrieked like a GIRL and ran out of the room, slamming the door behind me. Every once in a while I attempted to venture back in to the kitchen, but who knew bees had such a long memory and so little forgiveness?

After a few hours of exile from the kitchen, I remembered the days of LOFT! In the summer we'd often get 4 or 5 wasps in the room at a time, plaguing us (I was about to type plagiarising... which I think in my brain was a combination of plaguing and terrorising)... anyway, and what we'd do was get those backpack vacuum cleaners and suck the wasps up in to it. So that's what I did! There was much hysterical rejoicing.

Current mood: pretty good... it's sunny!
Current music: none... not even in my head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home