Tuesday, March 28

More photos from Christmas!

True, that...
Scary... my baby sis... DRIVING!!

"I love you, Car!"

Aaawww...

Yeah, so it's Tuesday. I generally like Tuesdays (boy, it took me about 4 tries to correctly type 'generally'! That time took 2 tries!) ...sheesh...
This week I'm in a sort of frenzy of studying for my theology course. Next week I'm editing the new Nav Bible studies... The week after that (week of the 10th) I actually am taking a week off, and Tim has it off as well b/c he's doing 7 nightshifts next week! Sooo looking forward to it. I was talking to my friend Louise, saying "What in the world will I do with myself?!" And she suggested doing something creative... so I think I may go for walks in the hills on a couple of the days, and then also may try some painting. I just found an art shop up the road and am thinking about water colour, or perhaps painting some kind of fabric belts as gifts for friends... got a few ideas.

Cool story... for Sunday lunch I was planning on serving Mexican beans and rice, and invited Tim's sister Ellie over, and was going to invite several more people... well I soaked the beans all night Saturday, and got up on Sunday at 6:30am to get them cooking before church (cos dry beans take FOREVER)... and then went back to bed (big mistake) waking a few hours later to some lovely smoke... and incinerated, ashen beans. So we had to uninvite Ellie. But we had no food in the house for ourselves even (end of the week) and the grocery store is shut (refurbishments). So I prayed that God would provide us lunch (but half didn't think He would, that we'd be having a bowl of plain rice for our meal)... after church, we hear a "yoo hoo!" out in the back yard, and there's our minister, Karl, standing on his trampoline, asking us if we wanted to join them for lunch - and he'd had no idea about the beans! So in the end we all got lunch, even Ellie, and the Martins got blessed by knowing God used them to feed us. :-) Pretty fun.

Current Mood: hungry! (It's lunch time)
Current Music: Nothing but the Blood - Chris Tomlin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home