Tuesday, March 21

Sunny days...

I just had the best smoothy ever. It was called "The Punctual Penguin" and it had yummy stuff like bananas, oranges, and coconut milk in it... yummmmm. It was from Black Medicine, one of my fav coffee joints, in Marchmont.

This is the final Navs week until Easter holidays. I'm shot... or as Neil says, "I'm cream-crackered!" and ready for a holiday. May have to take a few days off in the next 3 weeks of uni hols. On Sunday Tim and I realised that we were TOO tired... in a bad way.
So now we've decided to definitely have one official sabbath day per week (which isn't Sunday, cos that's generally not restful seeing as how we usually have folks at our house most of the day). Because of Tim's schedule we decided it'll be alternately Friday and Saturday. Now we have to think up a list of "helpful activities" which are rest-conducive and "unhelpful" ones. I've got a few items in mind already... We are also going to do our devotions together (read through Galatians slowly and pray) on the days when Tim is off work. I'm excited.

Reading "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood. Strange, strange book. Any Atwood fans out there? My friend Lorna aptly said, "She doesn't write about nice things, but does it in a very gripping way." I'm not exactly sure what it's about yet.

Well, recently I've been cooking fish once a week because I heard it was healthy... well, last week our fish dish made me SICK so I am going on a fish strike this week and sticking with NORMAL food! Last night I made Chicken Florentine (and it was amasing... it tasted JUST like I remember from the Olive Garden... or even better!) and tonight I'm making Tim's favourite dish in the whole entire universe... lasagne! Yummm.

I just realised that I spend an inordinate amount of time talking about food, in general. Sometimes when I go to bed at night I dream about how yummy breakfast will be... :-)

Current Mood: Content
Current Music: Home - Sheryl Crowe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home