Thursday, April 20

NOPE.

Well, it turns out that just before I called someone else nabbed the piano. This was because, on the first day I was calling, I had the wrong NUMBER and only got the right number the next day. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. I thought I'd be upset but I wasn't. If it's going to happen, it'll happen, I guess I need to not lose heart and keep praying.

Other people have worse things to worry about... poor Sheena (a fellow Nav) is pregnant and all of a sudden has excruciating back pain. She can't stand up, lay down, get up to go to the bathroom... sometimes moving her arms to eat something causes pain. Yesterday Jude and I went to keep her company and help her out, as we will today too. Neil said that it is going to take weeks, possibly months, before it gets any better. :-(

And today I've been on the phone battling it out with Scottish Gas... there was a discrepancy (REALLY long story) and basically they've been trying to bill me 64.80. An expense which I, in fact, have NOT incurred. It's been going on like this for 4 MONTHS and every time I call, it doesn't do any good. They've been sending us letters threatening legal action if we don't pay up, and this morning a guy actually phoned up from debt collection to harass me about it. I tried to explain and he totally didn't listen, and I was crying on the phone. This harassment is ridiculous. So I've spent all morning trying to get it straightened out. I was helped by a lovely girl named LeAnn who really listened and sympathised and helped. I have lodged complaints and will lodge a few more. And it's cloudy. God, can I lodge a complaint about that? No, that's ungrateful. Hey, at least I have coffee and a roof over my head!

And I'm going to Isla's for dinner tonight, so that's nice. She's a Navs student who called up and said, "you cook dinner for us every week, so now it's my turn to treat you." :-)

Current mood: I think it's obvious!
Current music: Warning Sign - Coldplay (The fact that a song with a title like 'Warning Sign' is stuck in my head has nothing to do with my mood, oddly!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home