Saturday, September 16

A Cry for Help As Another Election Looms...

This is going to seem really random, but it's a slightly cheeky (although genuine) cry for help so here it goes! :-)
With another U.S. election looming in dim view (I think it's for senate, governor and ... house?), I'm realizing that yet again I have no idea who to vote for, or even who's the pickins. I don't want to stereotypically vote Republican just because I'm from Texas; I want to make an attempt at understanding things! I tried to get online and do some research but it just all seems like propaganda, as though they're trying to say very similar things in order to be "popular". So, I thought I would ask for some advice.

If you have a sec, please post a comment or e-mail me regarding the following:
What websites can you think of that will tell me the facts I need to know, hopefully on the somewhat less outrageously biased side of things, in order to make an educated vote about TX governor, senator, etc? I also welcome personal opinions (also hopefully not outrageously biased). :-)

I even tried to draw up an excel chart to make it clearer but now it's 1am and I'm getting a bit frayed... it's not for lack of trying!

Current Mood: Confused...
Current Music: Some crazy guy from a nearby psychiatric hospital, banging his drum down the road (yes, it IS 1am, but it probably doesn't make a difference to him!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara P said...

AL,

At 1 am last night I was perusing the US embassy webpage trying to figure out HOW to vote! So you are ahead of me! I was all set to tell you where a good voting guide could be had, when my mind went totally blank. Is it the league of women voters? The concerned women for america? The concerned league of women voters for america?? Yes, I made the last one up! If it comes to me or someone else is brighter than I, perhaps it will help. Oh, so do you just have an absentee ballot sent to you? Am I too late already?

7:10 pm  
Blogger Austin said...

Having lived in Canada for nigh on 6 years, I can tell you that I am no longer eligible to vote in any "local" political races - House, Senate, Gubernatorial, etc. Whenever my absentee ballot is sent to me, it has every option (save one) crossed out. The only race in which I (apparently) have a say is for President.

I'm not sure how long you've been out of country - or if it even matters - but that's been my experience.

Austin

10:03 pm  
Blogger mama's brown girl said...

Austin, thanks for your help.
You're right, I just figured out that I too am no longer eligible to vote. Been here over 3 years. So, 2 more years before you and I can get some political game. (?!)
But Sara, I think you're still able to vote so GO FOR IT GIRL!! :-)
Tell me who you voted for and why afterwards. I'm interested.

12:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home