Sunday, September 17



You'd Think I'd Have Learned...

Well, Mom, I did it again.

When I was 5 or so, I was cutting a sheet of paper in to little bits of confetti. An early sign of my insanity. It eventually became clear that my long brown hair was an obstruction to this most fastidious pasttime, so I of course solved the problem by cutting the front and side portions of my hair off to a satisfactory level. It suited me just fine, but when Mom woke up, she was not happy. She cried.

This was the day before I was going to have a photo portrait made at good ol' Olan Mills.

Here it is, 19 years later. Yesterday I decided that my bangs were getting to a rather uncomfortable and unattractive level. No, patiently growing them out is not the sensible option.
Unfortunately the sharpest scissors we have in the house are rather dull kitchen shears that are good for cleaving some chicken breast apart, but that's about it. Did that stop me? Of course not.

I'll give myself some credit when I say that the bangs look pretty good now. Better than before and at a reasonable, if not jaunty, length. The problem came when I decided that the long layers of my hair were looking a bit frazzled. "Just a wee trim," I thought to myself. Moments later I emerged from the bathroom with my hair in braids. Let's just say that I'll be going to the hair dresser's on Wednesday morning (which was the soonest available appointment). Don't worry, it's nothing drastic. I lost only maybe an inch off the longest layers at the front. Maybe 2... As far as that area, I wouldn't even give myself the credit of saying it looks like I did it with kitchen shears. Nay, it looks more like I took hedge trimmers to it!

The good thing about hair is that it grows back. Poor kid.

Current Mood: Fine.
Current Music: That bouncy ball song(?) - Jose Gonzales

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww. Is that picture of Tim?? Yeah, I am glad I never cut my own hair. Mum said NEVER cut your own head and pound it into my head. So.....well, we need to Skype really soon!!! Well, I gots to go do homework :-(

3:07 am  
Blogger mama's brown girl said...

She said "never cut your own head"? I certainly hope you wouldn't cut your head, even if she didn't tell you! Head wounds bleed profusely, you know. :-)

Yeah let's Skype. YOU CALL ME!!!

love sis

4:16 pm  
Blogger Aaron said...

yes, head wounds bleed like nobody's business. mucho no likee. the stiches aren't fun either.

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home