Tuesday, August 16

The Sweet Tea Gospel

That title sounds a bit like a Toni Morrison book, but oh well. I really don't mean to put myself across as an iced tea maniac. I'm not. I've just been thinking about it alot lately, that's all. I asked my English friend Susanna what her feelings were on the matter, and she said nothing much, althought it was a refreshing drink, and wondered how I felt.

I said, "Well, since you asked, I'll tell you that I actually have quite strong feelings on the matter. Would you mind if I share the iced tea gospel with you?
In the beginning... God created tea. For drinking pleasure.
But then people went to hot places like Texas and were kept away from tea because it was too hot to drink.
But God knew that tea was too good to pass up and so He wanted for people to be able to drink it anyway.
So He helped people think up the idea of brewing it in a glass jug... not with boiling water... but by the sheer power of the Texas sun shining on the front porch. And then putting ice in it. And sometimes other yummy stuff like orange or mint leaves. And LOTS.... of sugar.
But this type of tea consumption isn't just for people in hot countries... it can also be enjoyed in more mercurial climates like that of Scotland, or even Wales.Anyway, just thought I'd let you know."

Do you have any soapbox you'd like to share with me? :)

Current Mood: Rather fiendish
Current Music: Still the One - Shania Twain (wait, how did THAT get there?!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home