Friday, September 30

Prej and Pridudice

Well I swore I wouldn't do it. But I did. Yes, I actually went to see the new "Pride and Prejudice".
After receiving a grab bag of varying reports I thought I'd have to go see for myself. And I was pleasantly surprised! Don't expect it to be just like the BBC (A&E) version. If you're looking for replication this isn't it, but it was as faithful to the text as it could be without taking 5 hours.

Now I know what you're all thinking... what about Mr. Darcy?! Well, this guy was not Colin Firth, but he was a good, and slightly more human, Mr. Darcy. And there was no pond at Pemberly, in case you were wondering. :-) The unforgettable, snivelling Mr. Collins was still laughable but also a little freaky.

I liked that this version represented the surroundings in a slightly dirtier, more crowded and earthy way instead of lovely and pristine. It seemed more true to life in that sense. And Kiera Knightly, though skinny as ever and un-Lizzie like in that respect, made a fine, spunky job of the role - she seemed more human as well, less masked. And she had "fine eyes" though the film didn't point them out this time around. Her family was certainly as annoying as ever, speaking of my poor nerves.

So there you go.

Current mood: Well it's sunny, so I'm feeling pretty good!
Current music: Refine Me - Jennifer Knapp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home