Sunday, September 25

The world just keeps getting smaller

I walked in to church slightly late this evening after a cracking afternoon of Bible pictionary, and who was sitting in church... who in the world except Dr. Kenneth Stewart and his wife of Covenant College! I rubbed my eyes cartoon-style and blinked. Yep. After the service was over (and in my surprise I must admit I had a hard time concentrating on the sermon) I ran over and hijacked poor Ian's conversation with them to introduce myself. Turns out he's over here on sabbatical, studying. They were really lovely and very interested in all that I was doing over here.

Kind of made me miss Covenant slightly... and reminded me again of how priviledged we all were to get that kind of education, in terms of Bible teaching. There is simply nothing here like that, even if you are a divinity student. Covenant had its drawbacks to be honest, but it was a blessing too.

Navs meets at *my house* for the first time tomorrow night... 20 students... 9 chairs... it's going to be interesting!!!

Just read a good book. "The Last Ride" by Thomas Eidson. It's about a washed-up white American Indian who comes to find his long-lost daughter to save his granddaughter and rekindle their relationship. There was a bit too much post-modern spirituality "this is my personal grab-bag of religion" chat in there for a good old western, but it was a good read and a page-turner. And heart-wrenching at the end!! I hate coming to the end of good books.

Current mood: cheery
Current music: speed of sound - coldplay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home