Friday, October 13

AL wuz here.

So last weekend I was in the Lakes District. My choir, Rudsambee, were singing with another band in Cockermouth, which is where Wm. Wordsworth was born. Can you see from this photo how he would have been inspired to such grand poetry? :-) It was lots of good fun. Here were interesting things about the trip:
1. Travelling in the car with Frances, the choir director. She's lovely and hilarious!
2. Frances' driver-side windshield wiper stopped working... the rain was chucking it down!
3. My lovely host couple, David and Bridget! To my delight, they adopted me for the weekend.
4. The tour they took me on around the Lakes District
5. Singing (duh)... for those of you in the know, remember the "Whistle Daughter, Whistle" song which I sang at my wedding reception? Well we sang it again this time, and the guy who arranged the piece was in the audience! No pressure...
6. Our meal at the Ostrich farm on the return journey (including sheep's milk ice cream!) and shortly thereafter passing a cafe car park containing at LEAST 100 Harleys.
7. And then running over a poor little pheasant who was too stupid to stay off the road. Oops!

Current Mood: Chirpy
Current Music: Tim strumming Ol' Bess (my guitar)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

that was the highlight of the wedding reception!!

12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about dropping the rock and the "crunch" sound!! i can't believe you left that out!

hey, glad you like the purse : )
they say that that deerskin gets more supple and beautiful the more you use it, so don't worry about wearing it out!

3:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think its about time for an update :)

2:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home